Pages - Menu

Monday, October 29, 2012

Welcome

 I decided to write a blog about another passion and interest of mine which is inspiration. I have always been fascinated by inspirational and spirituality. Please note this is different from traditional religion, which at one point I was a little turned off from. I never became atheist, I always had a relationship with God. I just did not like "churchiosty" . To me the church was hypocritical and promoted separation. I always believed that God loved everyone and the messages that I was receiving from church was the opposite. The rules and attitude of the church seemed more important than the message.

This became a conscious decision when I went to college in Nashville, TN and attended a local church. I never felt more unwelcome then at that church. It was very "high brow". If you didn't dress a certain way and believe and act like the "holy rollers" you were not accepted. My immature mind assumed all churches were liked that and didn't pursue to find a church that fit .  More about that later.

In 1997, I was introduced to what I now know as New Thought spirituality through a book called In the Spirit by Susan L Taylor. I read that book a million times. Of course there are no coincidence  but that year Fisk invited her to speak during homecoming and there was a book signing. I was elated. I didn't really understand how we attract circumstances to our lives. That book resonated with me. It just felt right in my heart that the information that was given, I already knew. For me it was the truth. I later discovered Iyanla Vanzant who was appearing on the Oprah Winfrey Show every week and I loved it.

After I graduated college, I wasn't into my New Thought practices as much . I kind of strayed and my life reflected it. I was lost but thought I knew everything. But subconsciously I had a lot of work to do. I attracted so much negativity that I am still paying for those mistakes to this day. I desperately wanted a good paying job to get a place on my own. I started working at SBC. I made more money that I have ever have to this day. But I accumulated more debt than I could earn, and have nothing show but a 10 year old Sony trinitron that I bought open box from circuit city.

So after a whirl wind of adventures, I came to a dark place in my life. I can say that I have only been depressed per the DSM V twice in my life and in 2006 this was the second time. I was laid off my job and could find another to save my life. Twice I interviewed and the hiring person got up and left the room. I was ganging weight and my hair was falling out. I was a hot mess. My so called friends abandoned me. My mother was going crazy. The only constant was my boyfriend now husband. He stayed by my side during that entire time. One night I was flipping through the channels and "something" made me stop and watch Dr Wayne Dyer's PBS special "The Power of Intention" and it changed my life.  Wayne Dyer gave me my manta" Change the way you look at things and the things yo look at change" . This opened the door to Hay House and the Secret. (I will you later how I got on Oprah by using the Secret twice and one episode was The Secret episode) .

This was just supposed to be an introduction and I have so much to share. So please watch the video for Wayne Dyer's the Power of intention. I will post more about how I am evolved and evolving…


No comments:

Post a Comment