Pages - Menu

Friday, September 6, 2013

Just for Fun!


When starting on this path to create the life your love, the first step is to get clear on who you are and what you love. Where do you begin? The first step is to focus on what you do want to accomplish. There are many books and articles that advised to “follow your passion” How can you follow your passion when you don’t know what that is. The reality for many of us that our passions were not nurtured or cultivated because others told us that we need to (blank) to get a real job. So if your passions were not cultivated how we know what we love for majority of our lives we are not following our dreams.
I have had clients tell me that when they have free time what they love to do is lie on couch and watch marathons of the Golden Girls or Law and Order. That’s not your passion. That is escapism. When you are spending 8 or more hours a day doing something that you do not love, or worse despise; your energy is drained. There is no surprise that you do not “feel” like doing anything.
A famous quote from Albert Einstein is “Nothing happens unit something moves”. To move towards finding your passion it takes one step. Do something fun!  Whatever it is just do it, without expectation or results. Something amazing will happen. In 2003, I decided that I wanted to learn how to dj. I was a radio dj on WFSK but I did not know how to mix. I bought turntables and a mixer, and then I started buying records. One day as I was leaving the record store, a local dj saw me with my brown bag of records. He asked me what I was doing record shopping. That sparked a conversation that eventually launched me into djing professionally.
It sometimes can be overwhelming and scary to follow your passions. Start with something small such as going to the record store or hobby store, you will begin attract people or circumstances that will lead you to next step
.

No comments:

Post a Comment