Pages - Menu

Monday, January 20, 2014

Sometimes it just feels better to eat the lemons than make lemonade.

I am the ultimate optimist.  I usually see the big picture. Sometimes I can't see the trees for the forest. However, when bad things happen I just don't want to "look on the bright side". Friday I received bad news twice. I called my husband, Al, and snapped. He listened and offered some solutions to the problem. I just didn't feel like being positive. I wanted to complain and that is okay. 

When I first was introduced to the idea that our words create our reality, I monitored my thoughts and tried my best to only speak positivity. It drove people crazy. 

On Friday, I wanted to shout to the media how unfair the situation was. After plotting to revel my anger to the world and vowed revenge to the wrong doers; I got over it. Not immediately. It took a couple of days I got over it. I knew in the back of my mind during my fits of rage that this too shall past but I needed my moment. I recently heard Iyanla Vanzant say " A wound needs a witness." 

I believe that one of our basic needs is to feel validated and our feelings are important. Expressing that in a safe environment is crucial. We need to release to negative feelings because when suppress them and act like everything is ok, that negativity will manifest in other aspects of our life. 

Then once your release those feelings and you get past the hurt, you will discover how resilient you are. I always say,if I can have a baby, I can do anything. We all have something that we survive maybe this your arsenal to prove to yourself how awesome you are. 

So maybe you are going to make lemonade from the lemons. First you need to deal with the lemons. You need to slice and squeeze the lemons before you add the sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment